CBD and hemp have become two of those most mentioned words in the past couple of years. Most think about cannabis or marijuana the minute they hear hemp. The legalisation of hemp has opened up a range of possibilities of what the common everyday consumer can get their hands on. With a whole industry of a new variant of medication being made available to the public, plenty are left confused. Many CBD companies have the term ‘hemp oil’ on their products, which funnily enough is not what people would immediately think it to be.
To cut down all of the confusion of hemp seed oil with hash oil and CBD oil, we will be breaking it down to ensure that you are well informed the next time you stroll into your local CBD dispensary. Read on.
What Exactly Are Hemp Oil Capsules?
Cannabis sativa or hemp is the plant itself and is considered a raw material-the same way you would consider wheat or teak as a raw material. The seeds of the hemp plant are ground for their oil and the compact remaining ‘seed cake’ is used in most pet and body care hemp products. The oil that is extracted from the seeds is what is called the hemp oil, or hemp seed oil. The pure, unadulterated form of hemp oil which is cold pressed is used in most nutritional health supplements and can be added to food or sold separately as hemp products like capsules.
What Is The Difference Between CBD Oil Capsules And Hemp Oil Capsules?
As discussed earlier, the hemp oil or the hemp seed oil is extracted from the seeds of the hemp plant. CBD oil or cannabidiol oil is extracted from the stems, flower and the stalks of the hemp plant. This process is more complicated and requires multiple steps. You might have noticed that hemp oil products are considerably cheaper than pure CBD products, the reason is the complexities in the extraction which is reflected in the cost.
Pure CBD oil is highly therapeutic and boasts of properties that far overshadow those of simple hemp oil. It interacts heavily with the body’s endocannabinoid system (ECS) which is responsible for many key functions from mood and behaviour to sleep and appetite. It is this system that maintains a sense of equilibrium among your other systems-a sense of homeostasis. CBD oil capsules work by binding onto the various neuron receptors that are present with the ECS, and ends up providing various CBD health benefits like pain relief, anti-inflammation, soothe anxiety and reduce stress, helps in rejuvenating and recovering faster, helps as a potent sleep inducer, among many others.
Hemp oil capsules, on the other hand, has very few therapeutic properties and is to be used as a nutritional supplement strictly. The reason they are sought after is due to the presence of many essential fatty acids like omega 3s and 6s, which help aid the immune system and digestion. Apart from that, it helps in supporting cardiovascular health, supports the repair of damaged tissus and helps you attain healthier skin, nails and thicker hair.
What Are The Benefits Of Hemp Oil Capsules
- The ratio of omega 3s and 6s in hemp oil is in the ratio of 1:3, which is considered to be perfect
- Hemp oil contains gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) which helps in rejuvenating the skin by promoting elasticity and the hydration/moisturization of the skin.
- The GLA also helps in cutting down and burning fat and causes an increase in metabolism. Effectively, more food is being broken down and this in turn leads to you feeling more energetic.
- To an extent, it helps in supporting the hormonal balance and reduces swelling and reddening.
- Hemp oil capsules also contain oleic acid, which works in neutralising bad cholesterol levels and helps raise good cholesterol levels.
What Are The Benefits Of CBD Oil Capsules
- A very potent anti-inflammatory and pain reliever
- Helps in recovering from muscles spasms and relieve muscle tension
- They have an amazing side effects profile, which makes it extremely safe to use
- CBD will not intoxicate you. As a matter of fact, it will help enhance focus and mental concentration.
- Helps in protecting the nervous system from potential damage from inflammation
Make sure to read the labels thoroughly and go through the ingredients, as the information of what it is can be extracted from them. If the ingredients say ‘made from raw, unrefined, organic hemp seed oil’, then it means you have hemp seed oil capsules in your hand. For CBD capsules, you will find a whole list of other phytocannabinoid. Also, make sure to check for a third-party lab test to ensure the quality and safety of the CBD product.
Keep in mind, hemp seed oil comes from the seed of hemp plant, that doesn’t contain any CBD in them.